Monday, March 3, 2014

The Perfected Pout

She has perfected the 'Pout' ladies and gentlemen! 


In all fairness, I don't think she was feeling well. Her entire morning seemed off. 
This is not normal behaviour for her, and she was SO dramatic about it, of course I had to take photos! 
(Secretly though, she thought I was texting.)

What is this all about? 
She didn't want to listen to the playgroup rules and hold Mommy's hand down the stairs to go to the library. 

My reaction?
'That's fine. We will wait here until you decide you want to follow the rules.'

Her Response?
As seen above. Only she kept doing the 'Huff', and dramatically changing positions, and forcefully crossing her arms.

She played this game for a couple of minutes, and then tested me further by attempting to go down the stairs by herself. That resulted in me lifting her up and carrying her back to the playroom, losing her library privilege. Not saying a word, I quietly placed her on my lap and she had a little cry/cuddle until she got distracted and got up to play.

She was sad at the end of the day that she didn't have any books to leave with, and at this point we discussed why, and how we could correct it for next time. 

I love easy, pivotal parenting moments like this. 
No skin off my teeth to miss out on library, but a great opportunity to teach a lesson in listening and consequences in a way that will have great impact on her, as she really enjoys library. 

I don't think it will happen again. 

No comments: